LSU Impressive Record
As a new academic year begins, we invite you to learn of Louisiana State University's latest impressive statistics and great accomplishments, which are made possible by legacies such as yours.
- is the flagship institution of the state of Louisiana;
- is 1 of only 25 universities nationwide holding both land-grant and sea-grant status;
- is the only public university in the state designated as a research-extensive institution;
- is bringing in more than $120 million annually in outside research grants and contracts, a significant factor for the Louisiana economy;
- injects more than $500 million into the Baton Rouge economy annually;
- boasts impressive accomplishments among faculty members, including 2 Pulitzer Prizes and 1 Fullbright Distinguished Chair;
- has produced a number of distinguished undergraduates, including 4 Marshall Scholars, 14 Goldwater Scholars, 14 Rhodes Scholars and 1 Truman Scholar;
- has the second fastest computer at any academic institution worldwide. The supercomputer named "SuperMike" is 1,000 times faster than a contemporary desktop computer;
- has won 40 national championships in its athletic history and is tied for the most national titles in the Southeastern Conference.